Piano Lessons for Young Beginners
Private Music Lessons in the Comfort of Your Own Home
“My First Piano Adventures” is a fun and engaging piano program designed with the young beginner in mind. Students learn the fundamentals of music while at the same time learning how to play the piano. The “My First Piano Adventure” program incorporates elements of piano playing, reading, and writing in a way that is fun and accessible to early beginners. This is done with the use of games, sing a long songs and writing activities. Recent studies suggest that playing and listening to music at an early age improves:
- Learning and memory skills
- Enhanced cognitive skills
- Increased creativity
First Piano Adventure classes are private one on one lessons to allow your child to go at their own pace.
Oakville In-Home Music teachers generally use the “My First Piano Adventure” as our teaching curriculum for the young 4 – 5 year-old beginners for the following reasons:
- It’s a fun and well laid out piano course specifically designed for early beginners to start music studies
- Strong focus on technique embedded in the book through playful technique games, chants, and carefully-composed pieces
- The fun CD for the young student to listen, sing, tap, and play along with at the piano
- Fun and colourful artwork that keeps the children engaged in the learning material
Benefits of piano lessons for young children
Many studies have shown that the benefits of piano lessons span across several areas of a child’s life. Children who start music at any age are known to improve problem solving skills, focus, physical coordination, and discipline. Young piano and music students have the opportunity to develop these skills early which will not only help them in school and other academics but in many other areas of their lives.